Sunday, September 15, 2013

Miss America 2014 - The Big Night!

Everybody keeps asking me questions like: What's going through your head? Are you excited? How do you feel since tomorrow is the big day?

One word describes how I feel:

Grateful!

Without a doubt, I want the job. I genuinely want to be Miss America 2014 -- I believe in service above self!

As Miss America, I would be an ambassador who not only promotes my platform Full Plates Healthy States through education and advocacy but stands in the trenches with those serving and distributing food to the hungry. I am willing and able to take the spirit of service for which the Miss America Organization stands to the next level! There's no better way to promote the Miss America brand than to display all for which it stands being put to work in communities across the nation.

Most importantly, as Miss America, I would overturn the issue of hunger as an “out of sight, out of mind” epidemic—spreading light to the faces of hungry children and mobilizing concerned citizens to make their own differences in communities.


I would work with news outlets and celebrities to increase public awareness of the growing financial needs of America's food banks in order to provide fresh, nutritious produce. I would use my testimony to gain corporate sponsorships that would directly provide sustainable food sources to those in need and financial support for the cause of childhood hunter.



I am grateful to have had the opportunity of a lifetime to participate in the Miss America Scholarship Program -- to perform, advocate, and celebrate.

PERFORM
After three nights of Miss America preliminaries and countless rehearsals, I can say that performing on the iconic Boardwalk Hall stage is nothing short of exhilarating! It has been a dream come true. The production -- lights, staging, sound, etc. -- for Miss America 2014 is the most impressive thing I have ever seen. It is unbelievably fulfilling to perform on this stage. The talented people behind the scenes at Miss America are second to none. There's something very special about this legendary Atlantic City venue. It just feels magical!














ADVOCATE
While in Atlantic City competing in Miss America 2014, I've been able to share my platform with people like you through my blog, social media, face-to-face meetings, and on stage.





























There is nothing more important to me than having the opportunity to spread my message of service above self. The Miss America Organization has given me so much! In addition to my passion for educating citizens about the tangible things we can do in our communities to stop hunger, I care deeply about encouraging young women to pursue career paths in the science and math fields.

I am very appreciative of the stage that Miss America has given me. It has been amazing to see how many people believe in me. And I'm extremely thankful and grateful that so many are willing to listen.

Perhaps the most exciting and rewarding part of my time here in Atlantic City was receiving the inaugural STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) scholarship award from the Miss America Organization! This was such an honor!

















CELEBRATE
This week would not have been possible without the love and support I have received from my Mississippi family as well as people who support me across the nation. During my time in Atlantic City, I've been celebrating you!

Thanks again for your kind words on twitterfacebook, and instagram! After our activities each night, reading your messages gave me so much comfort and strength. You inspired me to keep giving Miss America 2014 my best efforts!





















The big night is finally here. Watch MISS AMERICA 2014 on ABCSeptember 15, 2013 at 8:00 p.m. ET!

Thank you so much for keeping up with my #MissAmerica2014 adventures!

***While I have your attention, please do me a quick favor and click on the highlighted link below to find a local food bank near you. We CAN make a difference!!!!***

Food Bank Locator ----> FIND A FOOD BANK !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment